|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
La Garita Colorado
Great Home, Approx.2650 sq. ft., 3+-acres
3BR, 2 full baths.
Full Laundry room with double sink
Large open, fully-equipped, kitchen with lots of cabinets and storage
Newish stainless dishwasher and refrigerator
Tongue and groove throughout great room, floor to ceiling and including loft
Built in china cabinet
Separate Hot tub room off unique master suite with great views of West Mountains
Master bath has twin basins, separate tub and shower and 2 closets.
Upstairs, loft has wonderful storage areas.
There is a 2 car attached garage with a 3 car attached carport
The house has a metal roof
Log siding, wrap around sidewalks, and a new front porch
A very efficient wood-burning stove in the great room.
Your plants will love the large east facing windows and you will love the views of the fabulous Sangre de Cristo mountain range to the east and the San Juan Mountain range to the west. Some of the majestic peaks surrounding the valley are near and over 14,000 feet. Wonderful sunrises and sunsets, the air is so clear you can see the Milky Way at night and the meteor showers, generally in August.
It's a great home for entertaining.
Wolf Creek Ski area is 45 minutes away
There is lots of wildlife, elk, antelope, and deer.
Hiking and world class rock climbing are practically' in your own backyard'.
The San Luis Valley, called the Land of Cool Sunshine, reportedly averages 350 days of sunshine, annually, with an average temperature of 65 degrees. Summers are generally lows in the 50's with highs in the 80's. The San Luis Valley is said to be the largest Alpine Valley in the world at 7500+ elevation. The Famous Rio Grande River begins in the San Juan Mountain range, flows through the valley, down to the Gulf of Mexico. It is a great place to live or just to get away. I know you'll love this place as much as we do.
- Stories: 1.5
- Square Feet: 2,650
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2
Additional Rooms: 4
- Built in: 1970
- Structure Type: House
- Lot Size: 3 Acres
Parking: 5 Spaces
- Attached Garage
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2020. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at email@example.com or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed